THE SACRED HEART ADVANTAGE
To visit the school simply click on the links: Video: Virtual Tour
For 157 years, The Sacred Heart School of Montreal has graduated young women of action, ready to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
What makes us different?
All Girls’ English Catholic School
Small Class Sizes and Low Student/Faculty Ratio – 6:1
100% Advance to Post-Secondary Education. Every graduate is well prepared to meet the challenges of post-secondary education.
- Small class sizes ensuring individualized attention
- Supervised study and tutorial periods
- Faith-based school with weekly liturgy celebration
- School-wide community service program as well as an annual school-wide Community Service Day
- General Instruction periods at every grade level covering topics ranging from teen etiquette and social skills to personal and social development
- Annual cultural trips abroad
- House system that builds school spirit. Our eight houses are named after the founders of the school.
- Big and Little Sister program to ease the transition to high school
- Optional lunch in the dining room for all
An advanced French Program is offered including Français langue d’enseignement at all grade levels along with français langue seconde enrichie and français langue seconde de base, as well as mandatory course in Culture et civilizations française for secondary I – III.
Mathematics, Science & Advanced Placement (AP)
- Accelerated mathematics program leading to Calculus
- Three mathematics streams in Secondary IV and V
- Chemistry, Physics, Honours Biology, Robotics
- AP European History, English & Music Theory (online course offering with Sacred Heart Network)
Sacred Heart is the 2017 CAIS U-15 Soccer Tournament Champions and the GMAA 2017 basketball and tennis champs. Our sports teams are: Soccer, Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball, Flag Football, Track & Field, Badminton, Swimming, Tennis, Golf
Junior and Senior concert bands are part of a rich arts curriculum that includes theatre, visual arts in our Art Studio, film making and multimedia classes in our state-of-the-art film and multimedia studio.
Instrument-specific musical training by guest clinicians/
Weekend band camps/ Participation in international choral and instrumental competitions
Network of Women Leaders
Even before graduation, your daughter benefits by a close association with Sacred Heart alumnae. A network of women leaders who are deeply invested and really care of the success of current Sacred Heart girls.
Unique International Student Exchange
Student exchanges with our global Sacred Heart network of 148 sister schools in 30 countries. Students have travelled the U.K., Belgium, France, Spain, Taiwan, India, New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.
To see first-hand how Sacred Heart
can make a difference in your daughter’s life, drop by Open House on September 22 @ 12:30 pm or October 2 @ 4 pm
call us at (514) 937-2845 ext. 114 to arrange a personal visit.