- GRADE 12
- WHY GIRLS’ SCHOOLS
Thank you for Raising the Roof!
Thank you to the 125 members of the Sacred Heart community – including RSCJ*, current and past parents, alumnae, sponsors, suppliers, faculty and staff – who Raised the Roof at Plaza Volare on January 31! Together, thanks to sponsorships, registration fees, raffle tickets, and live auction items, you raised… $60,000 for our Capital Campaign, The future at heart! This means a new auditorium to support Sacred Heart’s award-winning music and drama programs; a modern wellness centre, for the physical and mental health of all; and renovations to the students’ learning environment!
Scroll Down for Photos
Guests enjoyed a lavish cocktail stations sponsored by the Ferri Family, and had their photos taken by PBL Photography, sponsored by JCB Construction Canada. Entertainment, sponsored by CMLS Capital, was provided by our very own Ms. Waldbrook and her husband, the Sacred Heart Show Choir, and DJ Marco Ferri. While Mr. & Mrs. Waldbrook played flute and trombone to accompany the cocktail, the students put on a sparkling show, with choreography, to hit songs Believer, by Imagine Dragons, and Most Girls, by Hailee Steinfeld.
After moving words by Sister Sheila Hammond, supper was served. The 4-course dinner of Manicotti di Crespella Ripena Alla Fiorentina, with fusilli; arugula topped with Parmigiano shavings; braised beef (or a vegan or gluten-free alternative); and chocolate lava cake, was sponsored by ALRE Properties Inc. Décor was sponsored by Architecture49. Menu cards and other printed materials were sponsored by Presti Homes & Developements. The ever-beautiful flower arrangements of tulips, white roses, and hortensias, were generously donated by Fleuriste Jules d’Alcantara.
The outgoing President of the Board of Directors, Roberto Di Giorgio, made a heartfelt speech about his time at Sacred Heart, both as a volunteer on the Board as well as a parent, to Alessia ’09 and Rebecca ’17. Alessia, an invaluable volunteer for the evening’s event, introduced her father. Head of School, Shawn O’Donnell, thanked Mr. Di Giorgio for his years of service to the school and announced that the event surpassed its fundraising goal, earning $60,000 for The future at heart, to the benefit of the entire Sacred Heart community.
Part of those funds were raised through the sale of raffle tickets that evening, thanks to the help of alumnae volunteers Alessia Di Giorgio ’09, Stéphanie Christodoulopoulos ’09, Caterina Gasparrini ’91, and Rosemary Vaupshas ’78. As well, the live auction, contributed greatly to the evening’s success, thanks to auctioneers Paul Kruszewski and Melanie Dirks. Registration for the event was sponsored by Golden Home Care.
Proceeds from the evening will be invested in major capital improvements to the school, including:
- a Wellness Centre designed as a space to support the physical, mental and emotional health of our students;
- as well as the new auditorium: a state of the art facility for our outstanding drama and music programs. This new performance space will also further contribute to our community, by making it available for events.
*For those who are newer to the Sacred Heart community, the RSCJ are the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Réligieuses du Sacré-Coeur de Jésus).
Thank you to our Raffle Prize Donors:
- Golden Home Care Gift Certificate – valued at $150, courtesy of Jackie Percs
- PBL Photography Gift Certificates – each valued at $350 each, courtesy of the evening’s photographer, Ryan Blau
- Centaur Theatre tickets and Graziella restaurant – valued at $350, courtesy of Caterina Gasparrini ‘91, City House Foundation Trustee; and Roberto Di Giorgio, President, Board of Directors
- Birks Iconic White Gold and Rosée du Matin Vertical Bar Pendant – Valued at $350, courtesy of Miranda Melfi, Sec. V parent and Birks
- Bonaparte Hotel & Restaurant Gift Certificate – valued at $500 courtesy of Silvio Sicoli, Sec. I parent
Thank you to our Live Auction Item Donors:
- Tickets (6) including parking for a Place Bell Suite, The Rocket vs Devils of Binghampton, March 14th – Valued at $700. Courtesy of Linda Dupré and Carlo Paolucci, Sec. II parents
- Sports & Dinner Package – Hockey, Soccer, Football, Baseball tickets & Beatrice Restaurant Gift Certificate – Valued at $1,750. Courtesy of Roberto Di Giorgio, past parent and President, Board of Directors
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono Suite at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth – Includes dinner and breakfast for two at the Rosélys – valued at $2,800. Courtesy of Anne Marie Marilley ‘82 Johns, alumna and Board member
- Montreal Canadiens Suite, seats 12 people, includes concession food and beverage – Saturday, February 15th against Dallas Stars – Valued at $7,500. Courtesy of Kate and Geoff Molson, Sec. I parents
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Barat Dinner Sponsor – ALRE Properties Inc.
Trincano Entertainment Sponsor – CMLS Capital
Hardey Photographer Sponsor – JCB Construction Canada
Stuart Décor Sponsor – Architecture49
Sheldon Printing Sponsorship
Sacred Heart Registration Sponsor – Golden Home Care