Student Life at Sacred Heart is full of exciting new experiences and reassuring rituals. This is just a sample of what girls can expect when they join our family:
- Small class sizes ensuring individualized attention
- Supervised study and tutorial periods
- Possibility of running for student council (see below)
- Opportunities for mentorship provided by a network of women leaders: our alumnae
- Participation is competitive sports teams, including ice hockey, soccer, basketball, golf, track & field, cross-country running, volleyball, flag & touch football, badminton, cross-country skiing, Halo, tennis, and swimming
- Faith-based school with weekly liturgy celebration
- Participation in clubs, such as Environmental, Drama, Photography and Robotics and school-wide activities such as Student Stock Exchange and the Arts Festival.
- An award-winning Concert Band and Vocal Ensemble
- Year-long community service program as well as an annual school-wide Community Service Day
- General Instruction periods at every grade level covering topics ranging from teen etiquette and social skills to personal and social development
- Annual cultural trips abroad to places such as Europe and Africa
- An International Student Exchange Program within the Global Network of Sacred Heart Schools, in countries such as Australia, France, Spain and Taiwan (China).
- House system that builds school spirit. Our eight houses are named after the founders of the religious order of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Barat, Digby, Duchesne, du Rousier, Hardey, Sheldon, Stuart, and Trincano).
- Big and Little Sister program to ease the transition to high school
- Optional lunch in the dining room for all. Students can bring their own, or opt for a prepared warm meal, sandwich or salad bar.
One of the cornerstones of a Sacred Heart education is the building of community as a Christian value. The Pastoral Services program gives students valuable hands-on experience that will help them to develop the courage and confidence to understand that we can and do make a difference because, We Are Sacred.
- Meals-on-Wheels – Twice a week our students assist the Mountainside United Church with Meals on Wheels deliveries.
- Social Action Program – Secondary III and IV students complete forty hours of community service and Secondary IV students take part in the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative.
- Free the Children – The Free The Children group takes a very active role in raising awareness and funds for humanitarian projects on a local and international level. Senior students can also experience humanitarian trips to countries such as the Dominican Republic and Kenya.
- Girls for the Cure Walk for Cancer – Every year the entire school community participates in the annual Girls for the Cure Walk for Cancer.
- Christmas Baskets – Christmas Baskets are gathered, assembled and delivered every holiday season.
- Casual Dress Days – Throughout the year casual dress days help to raise funds for organizations such as Share the Warmth, the Kahnawake Moccasin Walk, Nazareth House and the Mile End Mission.
- Uganda School – The school community supports four Aids orphans at our Uganda school.
- Retreats & Liturgy – Sacred Heart offers retreats at every level and we celebrate a weekly liturgy in our beautiful chapel.
To take a tour of the school or be a Student-for-a-Day, please contact Enrolment Management Coordinator at 514-937-2845 ext. 114 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Council 2016-2017 Executive
|President: Gabriella Marsilli|
|Vice-President: Tatiana Ranieri-Thompson|
|Secretary Treasurer: Pina Piazza|
|GAA Co-Captains: Sara Anelli & Julia Cianci|
|Environmental Coordinator: Elizabeth Aiken|
|Service Coordinator: TBD|
|Barat: Lilah Caprera|
|Digby: Laura Pitruzzello|
|du Rousier: Victoria Quintin|
|Hardey: Taranjot Padda|
|Sheldon: Kayla Wolf|
|Stuart: Julia Bugge|
|Trincano: Alessia Di Salvatore|