- GRADE 12
- ONLINE PROGRAMS
PHILOSOPHY & GOALS
“For the sake of one child…”
Like all Sacred Heart schools around the world, our school is committed to the legacy of our foundress, Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat. Our philosophy and goals reflect the uniqueness of a Sacred Heart education and the strong bond among Sacred Heart schools worldwide. Our mission is to nurture the mind, body and spirit of each student in a supportive and caring environment.
The Sacred Heart School of Montreal commits to educate:
A personal and active faith in God:
- The school forms its student and adult members in attitudes of the heart of Jesus, such as gratitude, generosity, compassion and forgiveness.
- The school community welcomes and respects persons of all faiths, and educates to an understanding of the religions and spiritual traditions of the world.
- Members of the school community, open to the transforming power of the Spirit of God, engage in personal and communal prayer, discernment and reflection which inform their actions.
A deep respect for intellectual values:
- Sacred Heart educators and students engage in challenging experiences that inspire intellectual curiosity, a global mindset and a life-long love of learning.
- The school curricular and co-curricular programs integrate innovation and collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving, the exploration of emerging technologies and critical evaluation of information.
- The school cultivates aesthetic values and the creative use of the imagination.
A social awareness which impels to action:
- The school, drawing from Catholic Social Teaching, educates students to analyze and work to eradicate social structures, practices, systems and values that perpetuate racism and other injustices.
- All members of the school community accept accountability for the care of God’s creation, practice effective stewardship of the earth’s resources, and work to alleviate the climate crisis.
- Sacred Heart educators work to develop in the students a life-long commitment to service.
The building of community as a Christian value:
- The school, afirming that all are created in the image and likeness of God, promotes the inherent dignity of the human person and strives for relationships characterized by inclusion and mutual respect.
- Members of the school community practice and teach with a spirit of peace and reconciliation the principles of nonviolence and conflict management.
- School leadership allocates financial resources to support socio-economic diversity both in the admissions process and in the daily life of students.
Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom:
- Student and adults members of the school community grow in courage and confidence as they discover new abilities, cultivate strengths, learn from mistakes, develop empathy and exercise resilience in meeting challenges.
- All members of the school community take personal responsibility for health and balance in their lives supported by a school culture that promotes spiritual, intellectual, physical and social-emotional wellbeing.
- Sacred Heart Schools recognize and educate to motivational, inspirational and transformational leadership.