- GRADE 12
Parent support and involvement are vital to our school’s success! At Sacred Heart, all parents who have a child at the school are members of the Parents’ Guild, and each and every one is encouraged to be an active participant.
Please click on the following VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION to help with our events.
The aim and objectives of the Parents’ Guild are to support the school’s mission and philosophy through our volunteering efforts; to provide opportunities for parents to get to know each other and interact socially; and to assist the school financially with fundraising efforts for the School Bursary Fund, school projects and charitable initiatives.
The Parents’ Guild Executive team consists of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Class Representative Coordinator, along with the Head of School as Honorary President. In turn, each class has a designated representative to liaise with the other parents in their respective class.
The Parents’ Guild holds regular monthly meetings in order to plan and organize the year’s program of activities. Guild members learn about school activities first-hand and share ideas and suggestions at these meetings. Anyone interested in attending a meeting is urged to contact the Parents’ Guild Secretary, Tamara Colbeck at: firstname.lastname@example.org to have their name added to the list of attendees.
The Guild publishes a quarterly newsletter. Please click on the link below to read our archive.
|Spring 2013 Newsletters||Fall 2013 Newsletter|
|Christmas 2013 Newsletter||Fall 2014 Newsletter|
|Christmas 2014 Newsletter||Spring 2015 Newsletter|
|Christmas 2015 Newsletter||Fall 2016 Newsletter|
|Winter 2018 Newsletter||Fall 2018 Newsletter|
Parents’ Guild Core Events:
- Salutatio Omnis – A fall festival welcoming all parents to the new school year.
- Open House – An opportunity for parents to greet prospective families. A refreshment corner that is stocked with homemade treats for our visitors is a welcome stop during the visit.
- Christmas Fair – This is a major fundraising event of the year. Artisans and artists, vendor kiosks, Christmas cards made by our Sacred Heart students, Bake Table, and our popular Sacred Heart Café are available for all to enjoy and to get a head start on Christmas shopping.
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation – Secondary V parents host this special lunch in gratitude for all that the teachers and staff do for our girls throughout the year
- Drama Production – Annual production presented by the Drama Department
- Arts Festival – Annual event that is held in May celebrating our girls’ accomplishments.
Parents’ Guild Meeting dates for 2018-2019 held at 6:30 pm in St. Antoine Room:
September 4th, 2018
October 1st, 2018
November 6th, 2018
December 4th, 2018
January 8th, 2019
February 5th, 2019
April 2nd, 2019
May 7th, 2019 6:00pm Annual General Meeting
June 3rd, 2019
Do come out and join us. We look forward to meeting you!