- GRADE 12
- WHY GIRLS’ SCHOOLS
Great results at the World Scholar’s Cup
Congratulations to our students who participated in this year’s World Scholar’s Cup: our team won over 49 medals and 9 trophies! With the support of their coaches Ms. Jones and Ms. Tradel, the girls competed in 4 categories: debate, persuasive writing, and trivia based on the theme of A World Marginalized.
Stand out performances included:
- the Junior team placing 4th overall out of 42 teams and 3rd overall in debate;
- Sec II student Sienna B. placed 5th overall in collective points;
- one of our international students in Sec III, Mary, wrote the 5th best persuasive writing piece out of 54 students;
- Mary, Isabel B. And Amanda P. placed 2nd overall in the group persuasive writing category;
Sec IV student Elena scored 5th best in debating;
- Lauren, Elena & Zoe -all in Sec IV- placed 5th overall in the group persuasive writing category;
- Finally,all of our teams qualified for the global rounds!
World Scholar’s Cup is an international team academic program. It focuses on bringing students from different cultures together to discuss currently relevant issues and ideas. Regional rounds take place around the world, followed by a Global Round, and a Tournament of Champions, held annually at Yale University. More information on the tournament can be found on the WSC website.